Ok, I know it’s a bold claim, “world’s best granola”, but I am standing by this one. I have tried many granolas in my day, both homemade and store-bought, and none has quite compared to this recipe. It comes from the lovely Ste. Anne’s Spa in Grafton, Ontario, a place I’ve not yet visited but will some day if for no other reason than to eat their granola all day long.
This is one of my favourite things to bring to new mom’s after they’ve welcomed a new little one, cause who needs more onesies right? Another bonus (for those who can’t have gluten): It’s gluten-free. I am not even going to try to modify or tweak it in any way as I usually do with recipes I like. It is THAT good. So full credit here to St. Anne’s Spa and their totally amazing granola! This recipe was sent to me by a friend, who has been to the spa, but no guarantees this is the “original” recipe. Who cares, it’s delicious!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans/pecan pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries (not sure if this is originally part of the recipe, but I recommend it!)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine all nuts, seeds, coconut and spices in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat. Once melted, stir in honey. This step can be done in the microwave too.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture over a large baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if possible).
- Bake for approx. 30 mins., stirring half way through to avoid burning. Final product should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Add cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yields ~8 cups