Who knew kale and potatoes could be this yummy! This SUPER simple soup totally hit the spot on a chilly Sunday night. And it was dead easy to make, I’m talking 5 mins to prep plus some cooking time. My kids loved it. Kidding, they wanted nothing to do with it. But hey, pretty sure I didn’t love green soups at age 4 either. At least they saw me devour my bowl of it, then proceed to eat theirs. Parents: Don’t NOT serve food to your kids cause you don’t think they’ll eat it. I know that sounds weird, but how are they ever going to like something unless they first see you enjoying it?
- 1/4 cup butter, oil or some combo of the two
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 small potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped kale (remove stems)
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter/oil in large pot. Add chopped onion, garlic, potato and sweet potato and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add chicken stock and kale and simmer for 5-10 mins. until potato is cooked through.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup until well blended (or transfer to a large blender and blend until smooth).
- Add milk and salt and pepper to taste.