Fritters are my jam. I especially love them for little eaters. They don’t require any utensils, and we all know eating with your hands is way more fun. Give these fritters a try either on their own or paired with a simple yogurty herb dip.
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or other herb of your choosing), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- ~1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs (add more of mixture is too wet, or less if too crumbly)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork (or use a food processor)
- Add all ingredients. Adjust as needed so it’s not too crumbly!
- Form mixture into balls.
- Heat pan with a thin layer of oil. Add balls to medium-hot pan. Do not overcrowd them. You may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches.
- Heat fritters for 2-3 mins. until lightly browned.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 12-15 mins. While they’re cooking, make a simple dipping sauce with yogurt, lemon and herbs/spices of your choice.