I am Instant Pot-obsessed, what can I say? I’m so done with taking hour upon hour to make a stew, soup or other hot dish (*cough* slow cooker). This truly is a 10-minute meal. Ok plus the time required for your Instant Pot to build up pressure (approx. 10 mins) and minimal chopping and can-opening labour and time. This looks like a great one to make an extra large batch of and freeze for those busy evenings (aka every evening).
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (low sodium if possible)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock- low sodium if possible)
- optional: 1 tbsp lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped avocado
- Turn IP on and set to “Sauté” mode. Have chopped onions and garlic ready to go.
- Sauté onions for 2 mins. then add garlic and sauté for another minute. Turn sauté function off.
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Set IP to “Manual” and push +/- button till it’s set to 10 mins. Be sure to position valve to sealed position.
- Once finished, release pressure valve (carefully) and serve! Add lime juice, avocado and whatever else floats your boat!